6 Best Punching Bags You Can Mount To A Ceiling/Wall
We previously had an article reviewing the top mounts for ceiling and wall attached heavy bags. But besides the Everlast dual station, we have never reviewed actual heavy bags. In this article, we will be reviewing the best ceiling or wall mounted boxing heavy bags.
Hanging Heavy Bags vs. Free Standing Punching Bags
Hanging Heavy Bags
You may be able to deduce what this bag looks like from the name itself. Hanging heavy bags are suspended from your ceiling.If these types of heavy boxing bags are hung properly, you will have 360-degree access to the bag during your training.
These boxing bags are perfect because training with these can involve circling and a lot of movement. To utilize them, you should have access to plenty of space.
The heavy bag swing around when they are kicked or punched with enough force. The lighter you wish to keep your bag and the more slack you have with your swivel, the more it will swing. Ideally, trainers recommend punching bags to be about 50% of your body weight for punches and 70% of your body weight for kicks.
Freestanding Heavy Bags
Instead of utilizing hangers and straps, freestanding heavy bags are mostly mounted onto weighted pedestals that ensure you have utmost stability for training. This design is great because it allows for mobility. Naturally, once the boxing bag has been mounted onto the wall, it isn’t going to go anywhere.
If you have freestanding or mountable boxing heavy bags, then you will be allowed to move them around to wherever you wish to train. You can even knock them down if you have a little Jiu-Jitsu creeping up inside you.
Freestanding boxing bags need to be filled to about 1.5 times your weight in order to ensure stability against punches and kicks. This is so because these types of heavy bags are much easier to knock down as opposed to hanging heavy bags.
Which Should You Buy?
If you have a lot of space to train and would qualify as a heavyweight, then you need a hanging heavy bag. However, if you value mobility over anything else, then a free-standing/mountable heavy bag is a solid choice.
While mountable boxing bags may have some flaws, most of these can be avoided quite easily. If you value stability, then you can choose to fill it with sand and not water. You can also add some padding around the base if the ‘bouncing action’ annoys you. With that, all the flaws will have been avoided and you will have the extra advantage of mobility.
That said, we are now going to introduce you to some of the most notable wall/ceiling mountable boxing heavy bags in the market. Here they are:
Dimensions (W x H)
Title Classic Double End Punching Bag
14 x 42 in
Everlast MMA Poly Canvas Heavy Bag
14 x 43 in
Best Shock Obsorber
Everlast Nevatear Heavy Bag
14 x 49 in
Best Shock Obsorber
Ringside Soft Filled Heavy Bag
16 x 48 in
Best for bigger people
Ringside Leather Punching Bag
16 x 48 in
Best material construction
Ringside Leather Punching Bag
16 x 48 in or 16 x 60 in
Best swing reduction
*Although the RDX bag is unfilled, it does have a weight capacity. The 4 ft bag has a weight capacity of 44 pounds (20 kg) and the 5 ft bag has a weight capacity of 51 pounds (23 kg).
1. Title Classic Double End Heavy Bag
The Title Classic Double Ended Boxing Bag has everything you wish for in a heavy bag and some more. This is because of the fact that its synthetic leather construction is very durable and stands firm against the most heavy-duty workouts.
To add to the durability the product features an extra-strength welded chain along with a swivel assembly that is accompanied with triple reinforced D-rings. These D rings can be tied at the top and the bottom of the bag for high-density shock training. Dimensions: 14" x 42" (35 cm x 106 cm).
- Synthetic leather construction is very durable
- Features an extra-strength welded chain along with a swivel assembly.
- Accompanied with triple reinforced D-rings
- D rings can be tied at the top and the bottom of the bag for high-density shock training.
- Some customers complained that the label tore off their glove materials.
2. Everlast 70-Pound MMA Poly Canvas Heavy Bag
What makes this product any different? Well, alongside being a product made by a well-known sporting goods brand, this product has specially blended fillers for sanitized natural and synthetic fibers. Usually, I'm not a big fan of Everlast products but this bag is an exception. These fillers provide you with amazing shock absorbency and prove to be resilient for a long period of time. This bag is actually hanging on my Everlast dual station downstairs right now.
This product also features straps that are made from heavy-duty nylon for ultimate safety and security during training sessions. Dimensions: 43.3” x 14” (110 cm x 35 cm).
- Produced by a well-known sporting goods brand
- Specially blended fillers for sanitized natural and synthetic fibers
- Fillers provide users with amazing shock absorbency and prove to be resilient for a long period of time
- Features straps that are made from heavy-duty nylon for ultimate safety and security during training sessions
- Some customers complained that the nylon straps weren’t long enough for their high ceilings
3. Everlast 100-Pound Nevatear Heavy Bag
This is yet another product from this well-known brand name. This particular bag got rid of the problem of their short nylon straps and replaced it with web suspension straps with greater resistance.
The double tie-down feature synergizes with the long-lasting synthetic leather construction to provide for a strong and very quiet suspension. Dimensions: 49” x 14” (124 cm x 35 cm)
- Quality product from a well-known brand
- Features web suspension straps with greater resistance.
- Double tie-down feature synergizes with the long-lasting synthetic leather construction to provide for a strong and very quiet suspension
- Features web suspension straps that are made from heavy-duty nylon for ultimate safety and security during training sessions
- Some users found that the straps couldn’t handle fillers that weighed an extra 150 lb (68 kg)
4. Ringside Soft-Filled Leather Punching Bag
This plus-size boxing heavy bag provides for an ideal bag for big people or people who want a bigger pupnching bag. Constructed with heavy-duty materials, it has been found to quite effective for handling the force of heavier punchers. This bag has four weight options, starting at 100 pounds, then moving to 130, 150, and finally 200 pounds. So if you are looking for a heavier bag, this is it.
The manufacturers recommend mounting this boxing bag with springs on support beams. Once this has been done, the foam liner in the bag will eliminate every kind of hand injury, not to mention the fact that this will save a lot of space as well. Measures 16" x 48" (40.6 cm x 122 cm)
- Great for people looking for a heavier bag
- The foam liner in the bag will eliminate every kind of hand injury, not to mention the fact that this will save a lot of space as well
- Heavy Bag Chain and Swivel included
- Lowest option is 100 pounds
5. Ringside Heritage 90-Pound Genuine Leather Punching Bag
Ringside managed to secure yet another place in our ranks with their Heritage product. With this product, you will experience quality and professionalism along with class and style due to its vintage look. This bag is definitely not for the casual boxer. This bag costs an arm and a leg so if you are buying it, you either have a lot of money to throw around or really committed to boxing.
The bag looks good as it has been constructed using 2.2 mm AA premium drum dyes 100% genuine cowhide luxury leather. Dimensions: 16" x 48" (40 cm x 122 cm)
- Experience quality and professionalism along with class and style due to its vintage look.
- Constructed using 2.2 mm AA premium drum dyes 100% genuine cowhide luxury leather
- Soft strike surface with triple reinforced seams
- Perfect for all contact sport athletes
- A lot more expensive than its competitor products
6. RDX Punching Bag
Lastly, we would like to introduce you the RDX punching bag which has been made using RDX Zero Impact G-Core Maya Hide Leather. You can get this punching bag in both 4 ft and 5ft sizes according to your training preferences.
The top closure of the bag is made with Heavy-Duty Zippex to ensure a maximum fill potential. What’s more? The bag is waterproof which means you can use it outdoors as well! Dimensions: 14" x 42" (35 cm x 106 cm).
- Has been made using RDX Zero Impact G-Core Maya Hide Leather
- Available in both 4 ft and 5 ft sizes according to your training preferences
- Top closure of the bag is made with Heavy-Duty Zippex to ensure a maximum fill potential
- The tethered loop of this product promises the best swing reduction
- Some consumers saw the seam tear after a couple of intense training sessions